One of our greatest pleasures at any time of year is getting out of town and spending the weekend in the British countryside away from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
But it’s never better than at this of year with the leaves on the turn and enough warmth in the air to make outside palatable - mornings spent surrounded by newspapers; long lunches followed by longer walks; evenings spent in front of real wood fires...
So, we’ve been spending the past few days leafing through Eventful Stays’ portfolio and compiling a fantasy itinerary for the year ahead – full of amazing things to see and stunning places to stay. Not that it has to be confined to fantasy - there are loads of incredible places to stay...
Our Top 5 from Eventful Stays..
1) Country House near Downton Abbey's Highclere Castle
2) Converted Barn near Oxford
3) Mansion House near Edinburgh
4) Castle in Northern Ireland with award-winning cookery school
5) Luxury Country Home in the Lake District